Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sports Journalism


One of my friends is about to graduate. He's graduating with a degree in Journalism just as I plan to be in a couple years. At any rate, he's leaving his job as a sports journalist for the city's local paper and said I'd probably be able to get a job there.

At first I was very apprehensive about the whole idea because I didn't know to what extent I would be qualified to write about sports. I sucked at sports as a kid.

After a talk with one of my good friends in which we were analyzing the last football season I realized, hey I know more than I give myself credit for.

I went to bed that night buzzing with excitement. The next day, yesturday, my friend Megan invites me to see the Brewers play the Dogers tonight because one of her friends received a bunch of free tickets. To me, that was a sign.

I am going to contact my friend's boss at the paper and hopefully start writing sports. That's fitting ... I've always admired Hunter S. Thompson.

Fear and Loathing in Whitewater,
R. Church

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I know you will be amazing at whatever you put your mind to! You are a talented writer and can turn any content (yes, even sports) into a great piece of work..

John Szabo said...

Hi Ryan, good game last night Brewers vs. Dodgers. Brewers picked up a full game on the Cubs, Cards, and 'Stros. Ryan Braun has 4 home runs a double and a triple in the last 3 games.

Hope the Brewers win if you go to the game tonight.

UJ

John Szabo said...

See you in FLA!

UJ

Anonymous said...

i like you writing rayn. you good writerr person like me. not as good as me but you still goood at writing. do yu like writng? i like writig. i write because it fun. someday i beecome writer man. if u goood like mee. you become writer man allso.